Deciding to start therapy or counseling is different for every person. Maybe you’ve always wanted to try it. Maybe you’ve always thought you weren’t the “type for therapy” but you’re curious now. Or maybe it’s just time.
I organize my thoughts with many different theories and orientations so we have a lot of flexibility in figuring out how best to help you. I invite you to come with your ideas, too.
My expertise is in working with you when you are experiencing anxiety, depression, or more common relationship problems and concerns. I often help people who feel overwhelmed, depleted, and unsure of what to do. My specialty is helping where it’s needed in a practical yet deep way. I work with people who want to be seen and accepted for who they are.
- Anxiety, stress, worrying, overwhelm
- Sadness, feeling down, confusion
- Dating concerns, relationships ending or beginning
- Relationship/intimacy problems – sexual and emotional
- Career/work questions, life transitions
- Feeling disappointed, angry, or frustrated
- Grief or transitions or loss
- Pregnancy and post partum
- Current events, national news
You may be surprised how quickly things start to feel better. My clients often report feeling lighter after each session.
When you’re ready to get in touch, call me at (206) 979-6764 or email me at email@example.com. If you prefer, I’m open to spend 10-15 minutes over the phone without charge so we can sense a flavor of what our work together might be like.
My office is in the Eastlake area of Seattle, on the east side of Lake Union, just west of Capitol Hill, north of South Lake Union, and south of the University District and Wallingford/Fremont. I also offer couples counseling.
Copyright 2011 – 2019 –Julie Holt, MA LMHC